January 26, 2015

Graphic & Bold - Love Card

I've used Groovy Love on here before, and it seems to me that it previously lent itself to a really non-traditional card then, too.  There's something about the set that just begs for a bright, funky, bold treatment.  It's a love set without the stuffiness.


This card is a bit old - I tend to create in batches, squirrel stuff away to feature "later" on the blog, and then I end up using more recent creations instead.  I found this one yesterday when making sure I had a valentine for my husband.  Isn't it fun?  I love that it's understated, too - I'm not a frilly kind of person and I'm not schmoopy in my relationships.   The colour combo in this one is one of my favourites- Hello Honey, Coastal Cabana, Real Red, Soft Suede, and Gold.   The background stamp is one of my favourite techniques - inking up an embossing folder and pressing it onto the paper.  Isn't it cool?

(Side note:  Do you ever look at a supply list and think "good god, it would cost eleventy billion dollars just to make this freaking card?"  Yeah, this is one of those cards.  Sorry 'bout that.)

Valentine's Day is creeping up on us - what stamp sets are calling your name this year?

See you again soon!  




No comments:

Post a Comment