February 17, 2015

Rustic Thanks

Rustic, torn, damaged, stained... and then combined with shiny gold.  Oooh, be still my reclaimed/scavenged-loving heart!  This has been sitting on my desk for a few weeks, too.  I tend to create in batches and then it takes a while to get it all shared on my blog!  


Soft Suede is such a fab colour for tea-stain type effects.  Light sponging and spraying on the Typeset DSP makes for a perfect old book page look.  The star was cut with framelits from a piece of corrugated cardboard I had lying around; after peeling off a few layers, I sponged it with Whisper White Craft Ink and then mashed some gold embossing powder into it - after heat setting, it looks fabulous.  Don't you think? 


Tea lover confession:  I love this particular piece of paper because "Bergamot" always jumps out at me.  I love me some Earl Grey.  (I have a busted knee and would kill for a cup right now, but the kitchen is all the way down a flight of stairs.  Ugh.)

Have a wonderful Tuesday - see you again soon with some "Paper Pumpkin meets Occasions 2015" mashups!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this! Will have to definitely case!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure to share your version - I'd love to see it! :)

      Delete