August 03, 2016

Stampin' Up Artisan Design Team blog hop: Bold & Bright Lanterns


Hello friends!  Welcome back for another Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team blog hop!

Today's card is a total homage to my blog name - because I swear, I really DO have a crush on colour!  I love bold brights, unexpected combinations, and mixing pallets.  Colour just makes me swoon and playing with it brings me so much joy.  This Moroccan card does just that; I wanted to pull my favourite bright tones, and combine them with this dark and traditional style of stamp set.  Everything is SO versatile and you shouldn't feel limited by the suite coordinates.  Don't like the rustic red and earthy yellows and browns?  Then baby, don't use 'em!


The bright combo here totally changes the look of the suite.  Imagine how it would look in each pallet - soft subtles?  Just lovely.  Nothing but neutrals?  So rich.  Here, I pulled colours from each of the families - In Colours, Regals, Brights, Subtles, and Neutrals - and put them all together.

A couple of the fun details on this card include the trim, cut from the Flourishes dies, peeking out of the focal piece, and a soft splatter behind the lanterns.  And personally, I love the little flags of washi behind the sentiment.  


The details can really make a card sometimes.  Don't be afraid to fit in little bits, cut them down to size, and add a touch of a little something extra on your cards.


Let's hop over to Germany and visit Steffi - I'm sure she'll have a lovely creation for us!  


Thanks so much for joining us today!

Cheers,
Shannon

2 comments:

  1. Simply stunning, Shannon! Love the bold colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love this and the bright colros jsut make the design better!

    ReplyDelete