September 24, 2016

Creative Collages

Hello friends!

This card was created in the reverse order of my usual process, so I thought I'd write the blog post in reverse order, too!

I typically get an idea for the card I want to make - the stamps, the layout, the patterns - and then choose my colours accordingly.  This card came together in the opposite order; I found a group of colours that I fell in love with, and I let each of those colours inspire the elements in which they were used.

So let's start with the pallet this time!  

I've talked before about how I arrange the ink colours on my Colour Caddy - and if you haven't heard, I don't!  Each time I pull some pads out of the caddy, I stick them back in where ever there is space.  Sometimes (okay, usually) this results in a huge mess.  But often, I end up with pockets on the rack where several colours I never would have thought to combine end up together, and they look brilliant.  This is one of those.  subtle Pink Pirouette, neutral Smoky Slate, and brights Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, and Bermuda Bay.  The last three are a favourite combination of mine, but adding the grey and pale pink changes it so dramatically!

Here's what I came up with once these colours were in my hands.


A big, messy, bright collage will different punches, stamps, and embellishments - just my style!

Sometimes the cards create the colours, and sometimes the colours create the cards.  It's fun to mix it up!

Hope you have a great weekend planned ahead - enjoy your Friday!

Cheers,
Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment